Monday, April 23, 2007

FINALLY, a nice weekend...

This was the first weekend I was actually able to play some golf. (thank God)

Saturday:

I played Buffalo with Marcia & Teecy. Started out very rough, especially for that easy hole. I took an 8. It was just butt ugly. I was able to regroup, with a bogy, then a double, then 4 bogies in a row. But, then on #8, another big-old 8 (gasp!!!). I did manage to come in strong with a par though. I had Marcia by 1 stroke at the turn with a 50.

The back got better, despite taking a double on #10 (a par 4). I then went bogy, bogy, par, double. But, then I really hit my stride... I went par, par, par, bogy to finish out the side. A 44 for the back, taking Marcia by 7 overall.

The course was in really nice shape.

Sunday:

I played Pheasant Ridge with Dale and my cousin John. I was really trying to beat John. I wasn't playing too bad early. Bogy, double, par, double, outta the gate. Then I took a crushing 8 on #5, a 510 yard par 5. I hit a great drive & second shot, but when I was shooting for the green, I peeled it out of bounds to the right and had to take a drop. I was able to recover and even par that little bitch of a hole, #9, to come in with a 49. I had John by 2.

I improved on the back. I was pretty solid, but did double bogy 2 of the 3 par 5's. I picked up a stroke a hole for the first 3 to lead by 5 after 12, then John made his push. He got it back to even for the side (me still up by 2) on 15, but then I put him away. He went 7, 7, 7... (par 5, Par 3, and a par 4). I went par, bogy, par... I finished with a 46, winning by 10 strokes.



I really need to be more consistent by the end of May when I make my big trip to San Antonio to play a few rounds with my golfing arch-nemesis, AssClown.

9 Comments:

Blogger Madame X said...

I have no fucking clue what you are talking about but I am glad you had a nice time!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I built a few snowmen the last time I played, too, Knight . . . I keep telling myself it's early in the season, and I'm not in my groove.

Weather is looking good for NC next weekend . . . still going?

8:36 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Thanks MX... I can always count on you.

Jim: yea... it early (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!)

Yep, the plan is still a "go"... looking good for heading out of here Weds nigh.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man,

Thanks for stopping by. Ya know, in my years I've never thought to put it the way you did. A sweet lil' brilliance there. Great stuff.

6:30 PM  
Blogger erika said...

I have to say, not a bad couple of games of golfs.


Umm AssClown??

7:00 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Hi, Knight!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Soulsearcher said...

I wish I understand more about this sport. It just seems so boring, yet so popular..lol..

Play on!!

nice site, btw.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Hedy De Vine said...

I just learned how to golf last summer, so I am all too familiar with double & triple bogies, snowmen, etc. So way to make par!

6:26 AM  
Blogger ell said...

just breezin' in to say hi. i'm SO out of the blog loop these days. hope all is well

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home