Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Are You Ready For Some "Fantasy Football"???

Yes... I know the title of this post will cause MX (and maybe others) to move right along... so be it.

Yesterday was the draft for the fantasy football league we have at my firm. I was never a fantasy football fan, but last year when a spot opened up in the league, I joined. Just to be a "joiner" if you know what I mean?

Well, my rookie year went pretty well... I finished second & won enough money to pay for my league dues ($175) and put a few bucks in my pocket. It came down to the late games on the last week... I was only 5 points behind W, who then pulled away. Most of the league members log on the web site & watch the "real time" scoring... which has a chat feature, so we can talk smack while the games are going on... It's actually a lot of fun. It makes me pay attention to games I would otherwise not care about.

So, anyway... we had out draft yesterday. I had the next-to-last pick, because of how I finished last year. Makes it tough. In our league, you draft 2 quarter-backs, 3 running-backs, 5 wide receivers, 2 tight ends, 2 kickers & 2 team defenses. You can only start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K & 1 D.

So without further comment, here is Team Knight 2006. In the starting Line up:

Manning, Eli QB NYG
Jordan, LaMont RB OAK
Williams, Cadillac RB TB
Burress, Plaxico WR NYG
Johnson, Keyshawn WR CAR
Smith, Rod WR DEN
Miller, Heath TE PIT
Reed, Jeff K PIT
Jaguars, DST JAC


On the bench I have:

McNair, Steve QB BAL
Bush, Reggie RB NO
Bennett, Drew WR TEN
Stokley, Brandon WR IND
Wiggins, Jermaine TE MIN
Tynes, Lawrence K KC
Falcons, DST ATL

Whether anyone cares or not... I will be posting updates on how the FFL season is going... enjoy!!!

13 Comments:

Blogger Madame X said...

WAAAWAAAWAAAWAAAWAA
(Charlie Brown Teahcer's voice)

I have no fucking clue what you are talking about and guess what?
I don't wanna know!

Morning!!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Hi MX... I knew that would be your reaction!!!

But, hey... I like it & that's all that counts... right?

5:44 AM  
Blogger Madame X said...

You got that right!

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD CALL THEIR CHILD CADILLAC?

GOOD TEAM.

7:34 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

not a bad squad.

here's mine:

QB: Kurt Warner
RB: Shaun Alexander
RB: Julius Jones
WR: T.J. Houshmandzadeh
WR: Marvin Harrison
TE: Todd Heap
K: Neil Wrackers
Def: Chicago Bears

Can't remember my bench players ... but I had another decent RB, quality WR and ... Mark Bulger as my backup QB

good luck and have fun!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

DZ:

I had Alexander last year... he's a horse. Also, Neil Rackers had so many points, they changed the rules!!!

Warner shoud be good for about 4 games...LOL!!!

Good team!!!

8:27 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Football...I can take it or leave it. I will leave it...why? Because my team is the Vikings. And I havent seen them do anything worth watching. But because hubby is die hard fan I will be right there faking it(no not that!) I will pretend to watch and pretend to be excited. Why? its time with the one I love thats why. Anyways Good Morning.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Way to stand by your man Gab!!!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Blessed said...

I am fasacinated with this fantasy football. I need to get more knowledge on these football players so I can participate in this fantasy football stuff.
Football rules! Now that's a manly man sport! I live in basketball country (UK Wildcats) and I just wish, hope, pray, DREAM that we could have a good college football team. And then there is the Bengals (or the Bungles as my hubbie calls them) supposed to be better this year.
Bring on the football, the beer, the chicken wings. Despite that I'm not ready for fall-I'm ready for some football!

12:43 PM  
Blogger ell said...

i'm with the madame on this one. but if it floats your boat, then go for it.

xoxo

8:06 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

My hubby does that. He gets really into it, which is funny, because he really only like college football, not the NFL. Except for the Steelers, of course. He had heath miller last year and that worked out well.

10:38 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Oh dear god, you too?

3:32 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Hi Blessed. I like basketball too.

ell: hey... it's entertainment!!!

DNA: I never got into it before, but it really makes the non-Steelers games more interesting.

KJ: what's wrong with that?

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home