Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Am I Cheap or Thrifty???

There was a question amongst my friends this weekend, that I would like to hear some comments on from anyone that stops by here, please.

Am I cheap, or just thrifty???

Let me give some examples:

When I find non-perishables on sale that I use all the time, for example, coffee, I buy a shit-load. I live by myself & probably have enough coffee to last 6 months.

I shop at the Dollar General. You can't beat it for things like laundry products, plastic bags, even Little Debbie snack cakes (not that I would know). It is not just that I shop there that I am accused of being cheap. I buy (once again) a shit-load. My feeling is, if I’m gonna spend $1 on plastic wrap, I might as well buy 5. It is not worth the gas or my time, to have to drive back another time. Also, I probably have enough laundry products for the entire apartment complex to last a month. If I am there for something else, I just buy more! It doesn’t go bad!!!


Speaking of my apartment, as for living space, it is basically beneath my means. I could and probably should, get a nicer place. But... I pay more on my school loans, have more money to golf & travel. I live by myself & I am not out to impress anyone.

Lastly, the one that convinced most people… I travel a good bit for work. I always take all the Bath & Body Works products that Marriott puts out and use them at home. Hey!!! They are good products. If you put them in your shaving kit, they always put out more. I practically have a life-time supply. I don't see the big deal.

Now, I also must say… when we go out, I am always the first one to pick up a check. If someone doesn't have the cash to golf on a particular weekend, “I got it, don't worry, let’s have fun.”


So what is your verdict…. Am I cheap or thrifty???

12 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

I can't answer this question but I read where you used the term "Y'all" on another blog!!!

I'm so proud of you

6:36 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Thanks a lot KJ, you've been lots of help (Not!!!)

6:40 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Thanks Blue, nice to see you.

You are right, I am a little obsessive when it comes to stockpiling things. My Mom says I come by it honestly... getting it from my Grandparents on her side. They lived through the depression & always had tons of supplies!!!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

cheap-ass attorney!

The only Christmas gift I buy here is for Karyn, my secretary. See my post on December 9th (I don’t know how to link it).

7:56 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

I don't know how to link things into comments either.

You make me feel so much better knowing I'm not alone.

I don't think you're cheap. I think you've just found things that you enjoy doing and do them. It doesn't matter if it's stock-piling items from the Dollar Store, golfing or what have you. But, maybe you should spike up your routine a little bit. Actually take a trip into a Bath and Body Works...I can't leave that store without spending a hundred dollars.

What is it with men and Little Debbie snack cakes? I don't understand it.

I'm investing in a Little Debbie outfit for role-playing purposes.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Thanks for Stopping by Strumpet, and welcome.

You are absolutely right, I do need to spike it up a bit, in some ways, but dropping a hundred bucks at Bath & Body Works, does nothing for me.

That could be one round of golf at a really nice course. Or... a round at a cheaper course & a bunch of beers, for me & my friends!!! OR gas money for a trip to NYC to see the fitness instructor convention!!! (Right Gigi???)

Oh yea... almost forgot... hhhmmmm Little Debbie outfit, that would spice things up a bit, and probably cost less that 100 bucks, let me know where to send it. LOL

10:01 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

wow, you used some big-ol words in that comment!!!

Thanks...

I think the Goose will back me up on this, if there is one thing you learn as a lawyer, if you have “stuff.” There is always someone out there, whether legally or otherwise, that is look’n to take your “stuff.”

Also, as you say, you unfortunately meet people you actually like your “stuff” rather than you.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Well, thank you for the kind welcome, Mr. Knight!

Shopping at Bath and Body Works does TONS for me, cos I like to smell yummy. Especially, if I'm going to be dressing up like Little Debbie!

And, holy fuck-a-moley! If you go to that convention....you best take some pics!! There's GOTTA be some amazing scenery up in that action. Heh, heh...

Using big words so superfluously seems ridiculously ostentatious. I kid, I kid. But, damn ....I sure am going to be using the term 'friend cesspool.' Love that! I rather liked your comment, Phire...all your word choices roll off the tongue ever so nicely.

2:32 PM  
Blogger ell said...

cheap or thrifty? i just say you're smart. why waste money on overpriced stuff if you don't have to. it's just common sense. i'm a big fan of the dollar store too. and with what i save there, i have more left to spend in my favorite store . . . victoria's secret!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Now THAT image just made my day!!!

7:51 AM  
Blogger The Good Rev said...

GOOD LAWD, Knight, I don't think you're cheap either. As a matter of fact, you are one cool dude that knows a bargain when he sees one!

And, hell, son, (that's you Knight) thanks for getting Strumpet to think about dressin' up like Little Debbie. I like that shit.

Just funnin' 'ya this morn over at Kristens, lol.

Hallelujah (69x)

AMEN

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home