Monday, March 13, 2006

It was a decent weekend.

Friday, after work, I wasn’t feeling well. I did stop for a couple beers for happy hour, but my heart just wasn’t in it. It seemed like I might be coming down with something. I ended up being home early and making myself grilled cheese & tomato soup.

When I got up, nice and early Saturday morning, I felt much better. Was able to get 2 loads of laundry done before it was time to get ready to go golfing.

M picked me up in her new Lexus suv thingy… pretty neat, but WAY too expensive. Any way, D was already with her, se we headed to the course. The timing was good. We paid & went straight up the tee. Loosened up a bit & were on our way.

The first hole was good, especially for the first time out the season. I was in the green-side bunker on my approach, 2 putt bogey. I’ll take it. But then… #2, was a nightmare!!! Was able to recover a bit from there, but it was a struggle.

I was coming off the tee pretty well, I can at least say that. I hit some very good shots, but had some very bad shots too. Just couldn’t seem to string enough good ones together on a single hole. I had 1 par, mostly of bogies & doubles, and some…. Well, we won’t discuss the rest.

After, we went to one of my favorite bar/restaurants, and ate & drank. I was not driving… so… I did pay, that allows me to get really drunk, doesn’t it? So, then, we went to the Creek, aka local dump bar, right near where I live. Stumbling distance. There we proceeded to watch the Big East Championship game, Pitt v. Syracuse. Pitt lost, but I really can’t remember why…

Yesterday was a recovery day. Lay around. Watched TV. Napped. Ate, then napped some more…

All in all, not a bad weekend. Can’t wait for the NCAA Tournament to begin Thursday. My boss & I will be at the bar by noon, watching the games. I only hope I can make it to Pitt’s first round game, 7ish Friday.

1 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

grilled cheese and soup.......love that

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home