Thursday, March 02, 2006

This week has been very busy at work…. (still!!!)

I have to travel to Traverse City, MI next week, to do a deposition. This guy is an explosion expert and a wood processing industry safety expert. He is really key. He is the expert for one of the co-defendants in the case, so is technically an adverse party. However, he is in total agreement with my client’s position. (trust me… this is a good thing)

I am really hoping this trip to the wonderful state of Michigan goes better than the last one, weather wise. When I was there on February 15-17, it was a nightmare. Gaylord had like 1 ½ feet of snow during our deposition. Then, while driving to my hotel in Midland, I encountered the treacherous roads from the snow.

(By the way, what is the deal with drivers there??? I saw more cars off the side of the road on 75 S… most of them were 4 wheel drive that decided to fly past me on the highway, only to lose control a mile or 2 later… if they can’t handle driving there, try having this much snow when you also have some serious hills to navigate!!! Like Pittsburgh!!!)

Anyway, sorry for the digression…

Next, about ½ way to Midland, the snow changed to freezing rain… (joy), then as I get just outside Midland, there is a torrential down pour thunder storm. WTF… the rain was actually the scariest part.

I wake up the next morning; my rental car is encased in ice. I had to kick the door to get in. Then the highway toward Detroit is a sheet of ice. I almost missed my flight, but it was delayed due to high winds and snow!!! I end up having to connect through Cincinnati, but missed the next flight to Pittsburgh, and had to wait another couple of hours. (joy)

So for this trip, I am not saving the client money by flying into Detroit & driving!!! I am flying into Traverse City and taking a cab!!! If anyone who reads this may be familiar with the area (hint… Roxi) some suggestions of a nice place for dinner in Traverse City would be appreciated.

As for this coming weekend, the only thing on the agenda, so far, is going to the hockey game on Saturday. Sure… the Penguins stink, but it is something to do. I have 4 really good seats, but still have not found butts to fill all of them.

I am still trying to think of a good place for an escape golf weekend. I have looked at Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville & San Antonio.

Any suggestions????

1 Comments:

Blogger Knight said...

Roxi:

I must say... after my last experience, I agree with your last sentence!!!

It was kinda funny when some guy would fly past me, then 5 min later, I would go by him sitting in a ditch!!! I would drive past pointing and laughing!!!

So, no ideas on good restaurant in Traverse City?

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home