Monday, April 03, 2006

Weekend Report

The weekend went pretty much as expected.

Friday, as I was sitting in rush hour traffic, I realized I left my cell phone on my desk (shit).

When I got to Monroeville, I stopped, buying Turbo Tax. The went to TGI Friday’s to meet my friend M. I didn’t see her car, so I zipped over to Border’s book store for some reading material. After, I went back to the bar. M was there now with her girlfriends. We hung out there for a bit then, stopped at the Creek for a couple closer to home.

Saturday, I was up early, as usual. Flew into downtown to get my cell phone. Got back home and started being domestic. Laundry ran the dishwasher… all that kind of stuff. Then, I went to the public library. M had said I spend too much on books & should give it a try. It is about 1 min from my apartment. I must admit, I had not been there in years, and was impressed. Lots of fiction, cds, dvds and internet access (which I do not have at home). I got a card, took out a book and jumped on the internet for a bit.

Later, I met up with M. I wanted to go to PJ Morgan’s for a shrimp poor-boy sandwich & beer for the NCAA basketball games. However, it was closed for remodeling. So we slid over to Primanti Brothers (which is famous for starting sandwiches with cole slaw & fries, on the sandwich). We sat there, ate, drank and watched the GM v. FL game. We then headed toward home & stopped ant the Creek to watch the UCLA v. LSU game. Then called it a night.

Sunday, I started out with a little more domestic activity. Then M came and picked me up & we got some breakfast. Then decided to play a round of golf. I hit some good shots, but didn’t really score well. Came out of the tee box pretty well, but the putter really let me down. Nearing the end of the round, I started coming in too steep on my drives & was popping them up in the air too much. But, hey… I’m not in mid-season form yet. After, we went to the American Legion for a few beers. Then stopped at JV’s & has a beer with BB. Called it a night…

Nothing spectacular here… you???

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Atleast you got some golf in. It didn't sound like to bad of a weekend. I did some shopping and was blessed with the presence of KJ and Goose (very interesting day). KJ and I are counting on Goose sharing later about it.

Have a good week!

5:55 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

I got nothing to report.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

nothin' to report KJ??? Come on... you musta done something interesting?

7:08 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Thannks for stopping Jenn.

I enjoy visitors so much. Did you guys get hit with that weather?

7:09 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

I think we might have gotten you a little excited Friday, if you forgot your cell. Sorry about that.

OK, not really sorry, well...not sorry at all!

When's your plane coming in?

7:12 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

You are right Green Eyes, it was all your fault I forgot my phone, but I wasn't gonna blame you. It was a fun blog party at your place... thanks again. I hope you enjoyed the "wine". (*wink*)

7:15 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

I am looking on Travelosity as we speak...

Gulf coast or east coast??? By the way, my brother lives in Ft. Myers. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone???

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my neck of the woods, we got three storms, two tornado warnings, but none in my county. There was one in two of the surrounding counties (5 miles away!). Thanks for asking.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

The wine was perfect, thank you. Definitely believe in time management. Gulf coast, but I'll meet you half way.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Why don't you have an email listed?

Let me know when we're going to Disney. I'll bring the wine.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home