Wednesday, October 19, 2005

In response to gigi's post about the Mommy game, I did the I Lose at the Lawyers Comparing Life Status Games as well, here is my example:

Lawyer #1: I’m 36 years old, I’ve been practicing for over 10 years. I made partner 5 years ago. I’m married with 3 kids. I have a hot girl on the side. I have a big house in the suburbs. I can never decide which of my 3 vehicles to drive. Thank god mom & dad paid for that schooling.

Lawyer #2: I’m 25 years old & just got hired by “Big Ass Firm” here in town, right out of law school. I make twice as much as you, have never set foot in a courtroom, don’t know the first thing about practicing law & couldn’t relate to other human beings if I tried. Oh, by the way, check out the new sports car I just bought!

Me: I’m 39 yeas old & have only been practicing law for 5 years. I am an associate (pee on) at a mid-sized firm. Yep, that’s right. I screwed around for like 10 years doing things like scuba diving, partying and other things that can’t be discussed in this group. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment & drive a chevy that is really beginning to fall apart. After I get out from under these crushing school loans, I’d like to build a house on the land I bought 20 years ago.

1 Comments:

Blogger Knight said...

High school? HA... grade school!!!

When did life become a constant battle of my show & tell "thing" is cooler than yours?

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home