Friday, April 07, 2006

6 Days to Deep Creek!!!

Yes, as I know there are a whole bunch of people getting ready for the big party in Keeneland, I am looking forward to my trip to Deep Creek.

6 days from now… that would be Thursday; I will be headed to Deep Creek for 5 days. Not a bad deal, because the office is closed Good Friday, I am getting 5 days off for the price of 2. The house is all paid for. Everyone is bringing various food & drink. The place sleeps 16, but basically people will be coming and going, based on their schedules. I only know of 2 others that are planning in staying the entire 5 days. I am really hoping for golf weather, but it doesn’t look too promising. I mean, the backyard is a 9 hole, par 3 golf course, and it is about 5 min from Wisp Resort. Oh, well, if the weather is not good we will have a pool table, other games, an indoor pool, a hot tub & plenty of booze. I am sure we’ll survive!!!

So, this weekend should be low key… warming up for next. The weather here is shaping up to be pretty dreary (imagine that!!!). I may actually come in the office Saturday, just to clean up my office a bit. It looks like a bomb went off. I was working on a big project, which forced me to tear apart a large file. Usually, I would use a conference room for this, but we are remodeling the office & there was no room. It will take me probably 3 hours just to put it back together. (Please… remember, wood dust is highly explosive… don’t ask, just be careful, especially if you work in a particleboard plant!!!)

Anyway, Sunday will be a day at the parents place. Need to do a bunch of stuff for them & I am cooking lamb, since I will not be there for Easter. There are a few other family members coming for dinner as well.

That is how the weekend is shaping up. I hope everyone has a great weekend, I know those Kentucky bloggers will!!!

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get to be first!!! Yay!!

I checked out Deep Creek, VERY swanky..lol
I sounds like it's going to be a great time. I hope it is for you.

Don't have too much fun with the parents on Sunday.

Have a great weekend!

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So of us still need to work before we go to Keeneland and can't drink at 9 AM.

Have a great weekend!

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Jenn..not much longer.. I can't drink before 5pm. I'm a total lightweight, any more than 4 beers and I'm either sick or sleeping. I can drink a bit more rum, but not much.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Heather & Jen: Thanks for stopping by!!! I think it will be a slow blog day with all those Keeneland partiers...

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you're right.. But we can have our own party, right? At least until Jenn leaves..lol

6:12 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

I'd be thrilled to party with you Heather!!!

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Heather. We can chair dance with out Kristen!!!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooohooo!! Gonna have a party!

Jenn, chair dancin' butt shakin'..Yeah... who needs 'em?? (I miss them :(..)

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm bringing my digital camera and I'll post some picture tomorrow on my site. Hell, maybe even tonight if I'm not too drunk. Either way, before Monday for sure.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

yea... it sucks having to work. I hope to get out a little early.

I might get a drunk call ot tct message from them though.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it depends on who you left your number with. I'm sure I'll get a call at 11:30 "Where the hell are you?"

6:47 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

I gave it to a person who as insisting that she was responsible...

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Kristen. I'll make sure you get your call.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

what is the area code there? I usually do not answer any calls when I don't know the number.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol.. I'm anxiously awaiting pictures..

I hope you get drunk dialed Knight..

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her's will be 502 but just in case someone else calls we also have 859 and 606.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got off the phone with Kristen. They are all drunk already!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Nice to know... while I sit here working!!! Responses to Requests for Admissions... not nearly as much fun!!!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUCKY FOR YOU!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn..

9:05 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Have a great weekend. Sounds like this week will be a tough one to get through, thinking about Deep Creek and all the fun you'll be having!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

I am so jealous of your ritzy get-away plans...

I need to plan something like that for myself soon!

And have fun with the lamb!

Enjoy!!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home