Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Here is my TMI Tuesday

My Great Plan… Gone to Hell

Yes, it was not that long ago, I had this great plan.

As you can tell from the title of my blog, I live in a dreary city. If I think it is so dreary, why do I continue to live here, you ask? Well, believe me, it was not what I had planned.

My great plan was to be out of here by now. I received my law degree and passed the Pennsylvania Bar Exam almost 6 years ago. Then I began working. Now that I am licensed here in PA, for the most part, I am stuck here. I was not gonna sit for another Bar Exam, f-that. (even though I did absolutely CRUSH the one I took!!!) So what are my options? Well, there are some states with reciprocity. After you practice for 5 years, if you want to practice in another state, that has reciprocity, you can become a member of their Bar.

Hence… the great plan.

Practice for 5 years, then get the heck out of dodge. Where to go? Most places with really good weather (note: I like to golf) do not have reciprocity. They do not want lawyers coming in from the north, taking jobs from the locals. I understand that. Tennessee has reciprocity… I love Tennessee… I had the greatest weekend of my life there (another story for another day, but I’ve always said, “I love southern girls”). So, I decide to move there. I will stay here, bide my time, live cheap, pay down the crushing school loans… then… in 2005… See ya!!!

The best made plans of mice and… well… bigger mice…

The school loans were more crushing than I expected… Then, the IRS takes a big f-ing bite outta my ass…then… My father becomes very sick. He has two heart attacks in 6 months. He has that Peripheral Arterial Disease (hardening of the arteries in the legs) and diabetes. He has stints put in his heart and 3 surgeries to replace arteries in his legs and he may still lose a foot… or feet. The folks need me more that ever. I have a deadbeat brother who lives in Florida… but they now rely on me for a lot. So, moving right now, at least out of the state is not an option. They want me to move even closer, so it would be easier for me to come over.

I do not want to sound ungrateful for what my parents have done for me… that is not an issue. Despite being on my own since 18… they kept a roof over my head & fed me for 3 years while I was in law school at the age of 30. That allowed me to do what I do now… no doubt.

But, this is not really where I wanted to be right now.

So, OK… time for a new Great Plan…

15 Comments:

Blogger RobynB said...

You're a good person.

Just remember, everything happens for a reason. Hang in there, take care of your parents and find a new great plan!

Best of luck to you~

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kansas!! Kansas!! You did say Dodge.. It's a sign.. *smooches*

5:49 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Life always seems to get in the way.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope they get it all under control.

I may be moving to TN this summer. It is a great place.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Robynb: Thanks for stopping by and the kind words.

Heather: nice to see you again. *smooches right back at ya*

Green Eyes: TN is great, isn't it? Just enough wintet as to not have wasted all that money on the clothes, but a longer golf season... sounds great to me!!!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

wintet... oops, that should be winter.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Oh... and Heather... I almost forgot, those smooches before were without tounge.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

My 'plans' are ever-evolving.

Such is life.

2:00 PM  
Blogger ell said...

you really are a good son. i'm sure your parents appreciate it more than you know. your time will come.

what you give, you get back.

2:42 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Kentucky........great basketball and we're southern

5:10 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Heather & KJ: FYI... both Kansas & Kentucky have reciprocity with PA...mmmmmm????

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knight.. May I link you?

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS.. Still want to see that new picture..

9:32 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Heather: Feel free to link me. I would liknk to other, if I knew how.

I have no new picture yet... I am working on it. The d-camera is broke & trying to borrow one.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Hi Blue... nice too see you. Not really "decisions" though... I am stuck here until further notice... (Dreary F-ing City...)

But, at least it's spring.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Spring rocks.

I hope you have a great vacation, dude.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home