Friday, May 26, 2006

The Memorial Day Weekend!!! Whoo Hooo!!!

Ok, it's time for my usual discussion of the weekend plans.

I'll start with tonight. After work, I am going to a wedding with my friend M. She did not have a date, and that's when friends step up to the plate. I must admit, I am not looking forward to this. First & foremost... NO BEER!!! That's right, you heard right... no booze of any kind. This is one of those "artsy-fartsy" deals. The ceremony is in the park, with a flute player. I don't know for sure, but I'd bet a hundred bucks this chick has some kind of leaves on her head!!!

Then the reception... at the Art Institute. Who knows what kinda of wack jobs will be running around there. I am also betting that we will be served sticks and some kind of tea (GASP!!!) This really isn't the kind of deal a good (?) little conservative beer drinker like me get into. My personal favorite weddings are what I call "fire-hall" weddings. Down to earth. No sticks up asses. Plenty-o-beer. Oh yea... and "old-lady-made" wedding cookies. (The Best)

You know I'll be hitt'n a bar on the way home form this shin-ding.

Saturday. No real plans. Haven't given it ant thought. Probably do a little around the apartment, See how the weather pans out.

Sunday morning I am golfing with M & Mike. Mike is cool to golf with and I have not seen him yet this season. We are playing pretty early. No idea after that. I am sure drinking will be involved.

Monday... (see plans for Saturday noted above)

As this is my last weekend as a "thirty-something" I expect to be drunk for most of it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Green Eyes said...

Enjoy your last weekend as a thirty-something!

We also need to celebrate your first weekend as a forty-something!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Hi Green Eyes & thanks.

8:31 AM  
Blogger ell said...

good afternoon knight!

9:58 AM  
Blogger RobynB said...

Happy early Birthday!

You're right.. the chick will be wearing weeds or something

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU CAN ALWAYS SNEAK IN ALCHOL. THAT'S WHAT I DO.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Madame X said...

ARTSY-FARTSY!!!
Hey bub!
My artsy friends and I are the biggest partiers around!
Do not cast aspersions at the arty among us.

It sounds more HIPPIE DIPPIE than ARTSY FARSTY!

jeesh!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

MX:

I bet you & your friends may be artsy, but there is probably not a fartsy one in the group...

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home