Sunday, May 21, 2006

Weekend Report 5/20-5/21

Hello everybody!!!

Pretty good weekend.

I got my Comcast cable modem all hooked up & I am now online at home. This should be pretty cool, as I can now work at home more.

Saturday, I played golf at Rolling Fields, as planned. Like I said, the course used to be a goat path, but the course was much improved. It still needs a lot of work, it takes several years to bring a course around. There is still a lot of clover in the fair ways & the green/tee boxes need some work. But now, there are defined fairways, itself an improvement. A lot of crap has been cleaned and cleared.

After golf, M, Donna & I went to the American Legion for a few cheap beers. Then, we went to Hoffstott's to eat. We sat at the bar & ordered a bunch of appetizers, making it a meal. The food at this place just rocks. Bobby B came down and met us. Bobby has it bad for M, allays making his moves, which was cool because Donna was on the prowl. (Donna is a friend of M's, not the D that works at my office that we discussed on Friday) Donna is a couple years older than me, pretty cute (yes... I would say cute... not really "hot") She has a real nice little bum, which I like. Anyway... She was getting a little "touchy-feely" which I recriprocated. I used a couple "playa" moves from KJ's blog the other day (hand on the hip... touch on the back... brush a stray hair...) By the time the party moved up to Flynn's, things were getting more interesting. M & Bobby were shooting pool & we were talking & getting a little more... well... you know. I invited her to stay at my place, as she had a 45 min. drive home (yea... that was it... ) But she said no, she was going to go home and take a "cold shower."

My thought was she was put off by M being there, but I don't know why. M & I are friends, golf buddies, drinking buddies... that's it. Believe me... that's it. I'll just take my time. I am not really interested in a relationship with her, but w could have some fun... ya know?

Also, did anyone see that horse race? Man... I felt bad for that horse. I hope they don't have to put him down... that would be such a shame.

Sunday morning was really freezing. Rainy and freezing. Putzed around here. Did a little shopping. Then I went to see the Da Vinci Code. Yea... I heard all the bad reviews, but there was not much else to do, so I gave it a shot. I liked it. I must say that I had not read the book, so I didn't come in with any expectations, maybe that helps, because you can judge the entertainment value of the movie for itself. I will say, that back in the 80s, I read the Holy Blood Holy Grail, so I had a good understanding of the basic gist of the underlying premises. Sure... Tom Hanks could have used a haircut & it wasn't his best performance... but he was pretty good, given the role. All in all, it was entertaining.

Now, everybody just remember... 3 day weekend coming up!!! Yea Baby!!!

20 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

I'm glad that I can offer helpful hints to people through blogging :)

I read the book..........loved the book.........will see the movie hopefully over the weekend!!!!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Knight said...

KJ: the part of the movie (and I assume the book) that leaves me wondering is... How would the premise really harm the church or church doctrie?

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good mornin'!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Morning Jenn

6:16 AM  
Blogger Madame X said...

Yeah maybe she said NO 'cause she thought you were PLAYING HER!!!

*head shake*



Re:DaVinci Code
Maybe the church is afraid because they know it's true?
Just a thought

6:17 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

What I mean is... so what if its true?

I don't want to say too much, in care people don't know the idea...

Anyway, if it is true, it really doesn't chage anything. Now, the major thesis of The Holy Blood Holy Grail, now that would shatter church doctire.

That the church might kill over.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Madame X said...

Skipping right over the playa thing!

Typical...sooooo typical!

lol

6:23 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

easy...

Trust me, I am no playa.

This is a friend of a friend. Wouldn't "play" that, even if I could.

I merely suggested it was going to be a chilly night... we could go to breakfast, then the afternoon movie... all purely innocent.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Madame X said...

I used a couple "playa" moves from KJ's blog the other day (hand on the hip... touch on the back... brush a stray hair...

Doesn't mean you ARE a playa but you used the pattened playa moves...she saw through that shit!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Besides, yesterday, while I was in the movie... she called me!!!

Furthermore, I just happen to have a formal work function at Valley Brook CC tonight (about 3 miles from her house) and, after I returned her call, I now have a date for the affair. (who's your playa now BABY!!! LOL... just kidding)

6:36 AM  
Blogger Madame X said...

She apparently is...LOL

6:41 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Did you ever type a comment, then read it again, say to yourself... maybe a shouldn't say that... (I just did)

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like dinner was promising..hmmmmm.

I prefer to see the movie, then read the book for just that reason.

Sounds like a decent weekend.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Hi Heather. We'll see after dinner tonight. I have no expectations.

But... Back to the movie!!!

I like doing that too. (Movie first, then book) I hate sitting in a movie thinking, they left this out & they left that out, they changed this...

Better to read the book later & let it fill in the gaps.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Madame X said...

Hmmm which comment where, Mr. knight?

7:54 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

The one I almost typed

8:38 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

LMAO, Madame! Great logic!

Knight, I'm thinking it was the two other people there with you, sometimes a girl doesn't like others to know more than they need to.

Sounds like a good weekend!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Hi Green Eyes... good point.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Knight said...

I am really surprised there were not more comments about the poor horse.

12:34 PM  
Blogger ell said...

knight - you big 'ol playa, you! how the heck was she able to resist your invitation this weekend? have fun tonight - we'll expect a full report tomorrow.

you would have had me at "the hand on the hip".

;)

and i do feel sorry for that horse.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home