Monday, May 15, 2006

Good Monday Morning!!!

This weekend went pretty well.

Nope... no ass shake'n like Green Eyes... but good for me.

Saturday was cold rainy and very dreary (see title of this blog). When I woke up, I did one quick load of laundry, I wanted to hit the food store to get the stuff to make Mom's dinner Sunday. Plus, I stopped at the Advanced Auto Parts for an air filter. I hit Labriola's Italian Market right up the street.

Then, I came back home to replace that filter. Just let me say this... I might be the one to call if there is a particle-board plant explosion you need investigated... but I clearly can not work on cars!!! This was the first time I tried replacing the air filter on this car, I always had them do it when I got the oil changed. Let me ask you... who the "F" designed this stupid thing? I remember the "OLD" days, when you would spin off a wing-nut, lift a lid & boom... new air filter. To replace these things today, one needs an engineering degree. I struggled to get the thing open. I struggled to get the old filter out. I struggled to get the new filter in. (do you see a theme developing here?) I struggled... really struggled, to get the damn thing closed. While trying to get the thing closed... I was so frustrated, I nearly jumped in the car with the thing hanging open & drove somewhere to pay someone to close the damn thing!!! I cut my hands in 3 places. I finally did it, after taking WAY too long. I was quite proud at that point. (but the "check engine" light did NOT go out!!!)

Anyway, the afternoon was clearing up, surprisingly. I made a few calls but no one wanted to golf. I had retrieved my old Odyssey White Hot putter, in an attempt to turn things around & really wanted to give it a try, so I headed out to the course by myself.

I played the first 2 holes alone, but being a "single" on the course, I was waiting by the time I got to number 3. At this point, another single, a guy named Mike came up behind me. We ended up finishing the 9 holes together.

I must say, I played really well. The putter was working. I was coming off the tee well. I was hitting my irons solid... I ended up with a 46 (for you non golfers who actually made it this far... that is 1 stroke above bogey golf... which for a weekend hacker isn't too bad) I even pared the number 1 handicap hole (the hardest hole on the course).

After such a good round, I treated myself to a few beers at the American Legion. I then stopped home for a burger, then met M for a couple beers. I was pretty beat & had been up since 5 AM (yes, even on the weekends I can't help but wake-up early). Called it a night.

Sunday, Mother's Day, I went to the store to get the last min. things for Mom's dinner. I got her gift too. OK, I had some good sugestions here on Friday... but went with a lame... guy thing. I got her a Gas Card. OK...OK.. not very personal... not very creative... but hey... with the price of gas... it could come in handy for someone on a fixed income.

Dinner turned out great. Everyone enjoyed it very much. We watched the movie Munich, which was pretty good. I am even getting a "new to me" computer. So look out... that may mean weekend blogging!!!

So that was about it. I am thinking of some more interesting things to blog about this week... we'll have to see how busy I am at work. Have a nice week.

9 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

Sounds like a good weekend.

Feel free to send me a gas card at anytime.....I don't care that's not very personal

Good morning

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOME ONE TELL THIS KNIGHT GUY I'M STILL NOT TALKING TO HIM BUT THE GAS CARD WAS A VERY SWEET AND THOUGHTFUL GIFT.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Jenn... why are you not talking to me?

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOMEONE REMIND KNIGHT THAT I SAID I WASN'T TALKING TO HIM UNLESS HE SAID HE WAS GOING. NOT MAYBE, NOT PROBABLY, IS GOING!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

How about... most likely???

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

99.9%?

11:42 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Sorry you had such a hard time with the air filter! Damn technology! Glad you had a good golf game, and enjoyed your time with your Mom.

Next time, shake your ass with me!

1:12 PM  
Blogger ell said...

i'm sure your mom appreciated the gas card. and of course, the dinner-who wouldn't like that.

i admire you for attempting to change that air filter. so many people wouldn't even try. sorry you got hurt. want me to kiss your boo-boo?

;)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

I would appreciate a gas card.
Munich is coming on my netflix tomorrow, glad to hear you liked it.
The weather has been awful in this city lately!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home