Monday, April 24, 2006

Adventures in Apartment Cleaning

On Saturday I tried to be domestic a little. This may sound stupid, but I wanted to clean my oven. Here is an example of how dumb I can be. I bought a can of this oven cleaning product that you spray. Of course, I don't read the directions. I spray the whole can... never opening a window. The fumes are over powering. So... I read the can. It says you should open a window. So, then, I open the window. Also, I read that you should use rubber gloves. I then have to drive back to the store to get the gloves. The whole thing took WAY longer than it should have, but at least I have a nice clean oven now.

At the same time as I am doing this, I am cleaning the bathroom. I also spray a bottle of some stuff with massive fumes in the bathtub/shower. The duel fumes were great, I felt stoned until it turned into a massive headache. Anyway, I was quite proud of myself for one thing. I bought on of those squeegee things like they have at the gas station for cleaning your windows, to use for scrubbing and "squeegeeing" the bathroom tile. It worked great!!!

On another note, the time over at the parents' place was pretty good. We celebrated my father's 68th birthday. My cousin Lori and I split a new gas grill as a present. I was pretty bored while waiting for Lori's husband to arrive, and the rain had stopped, so I decided to take the 4 boys over to the park. I just happen to have a wiffle ball & bat in the trunk of my car & a frisbee. I ran the boys around pretty good and they ran me around too. After dinner, we cleared out the coffee table and, as a group, decided to assemble the gas grill. One thing everyone should remember... when assembling something like this, make sure it will fit out of the door before putting it together inside (ya know what I mean?). Now, I am not admitting to anything, but just let me say, it is a good thing those side trays come off easy.

I never did make it out to play golf. It rained most of Sunday. There was a window of time I was able to go to the driving range and "hit some", but I was not able to get out for a round of golf. I did make it to the bar after for a few beers.

So, there it is... another weekend.

11 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

Knight please come over and clean my place. I will even provide that cleaning supplies!

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah what erika said.. AND the next time you wanna get stoned WITHOUT the headache, I'm pretty sure one of my neighbors sells pot..lol

Sounds like a pretty productive weekend. I can't believe that you didn't throw a frisbee at some hottie and get her attention. Nothin' more sexy than a man playing with a child, and you had 4!!!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Were you able to 'hit some' at the bar after a few beers?

Loved the gas grill story, by the way.

Too funny.

That is SO something I would fucking do.

And, yeah, dude...anytime you feel like cleanin'....I'm sure we could work out a little barter system action.

12:14 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

I have an oven that needs to be cleaned.....and two bathrooms.

Funny about the grill.....HA HA

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a self cleaning over. They are pretty handy if you want to smell burnt crap for 3 hours. The oven heats up to an extreme temp and burns what is caked on then all you have to do is wipe it off.

I bet you were one hell of a temp-DILF!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Knight said...

erika: I'm not really good at cleaning, you should see my office!!!

Heather: There were no hotties at the park, besides... 2 of these "children" were bigger than me!!!

Strumpet: mmmmm... barter system????

Philly Kristin: Next week is not looking too good weather wise as well.

Kristen: sounds like you have your plans for next weekend then!!! (Ha!)

Jenn: thanks. when the boy were younger, they were better for meeting girls. (or so I hear...)

4:32 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

It wasn't your fault the grill wouldn't fit? Who shrunk the damn door frame on Knight?

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Yeah...barter system...

Like...

You clean my apartment.

I let you watch me play with myself.

Deal?

11:44 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Sorry Strumpet... no deal

11:45 AM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

Hey, just wanted to say hello. Found you through Kristen's blog. I'm a Pittsburgher as well.

It's funny you mention that about the oven cleaner. I'm taking a business law class and we were discussing frivolous lawsuits where some lady won a bunch of money because she blew up her oven by leaving the oven cleaner can inside.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Okay.

How about you clean my apartment...

and then let me watch YOU play with YOURSELF?...

My system is quite adaptable.

I will find SOMETHING that can appeal to us BOTH.

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home