Friday, April 21, 2006

I got nuthin...

I have nothing interesting to post today.

At least, it's Friday!!!

The week has been pretty busy. One would think I took 2 weeks off instead of 2 actual work days. I barely got caught up on my 2 biggest files (An explosion in the Eastern District of Michigan & 1300 grouped cases in Cuyahoga County OH)

I have been spending my morning getting my timesheets caught up so I do not get slammed the end of nest week. (by the way... has anyone else noticed how fast this month went, or is it me?) I know Jenn will appreciate that!!! It is a good thing that I am the highest billing associate in the firm, it gives me some breathing room, hours in the bank. I was 56 hours over the associate average through the first 2 months of the year & billed 200+ in March, so I should be fine. (Goose can relate)

Anyway, no real weekend plans... again (Knight=loser) Tomorrow, I am going over to Mom & Dad's, time to celebrate his birthday, eventhough it is actually next Tuesday. I should have time to try to be domestic a bit in the morning, if I can find the motivation.

I am hoping to play some golf on Sunday, but the weather is not looking too good. There are supposed to be scattered showers, but you never know. My friend D may not have his fatherly duties of driving the kids to their various activities, so he might try to get out & hit the links.

I hope all the bloggers have a nice weekend.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do appreciate it! I wish all my lawyers were like you. 90% of my job is to type into our accounting program ALL of the attorneys'and paralegals' time. We have 17 attorneys and 4 paralegals! Way to go on all of your billable time!

7:50 AM  
Blogger erika said...

Knight well sometimes not having plans works out being a good thing.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

I agree with Erika, hopefully something with spring up for you!

I don't have plans either, we could always go to Disney???

8:23 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Jenn: all the hard work should pay off in the long run... do you ever have partners "poach" hours from associates? (if you know what I mean)

Erika: your right, that has happened.

Green Eyes: Disney sounds fun, you know I have that E Ticket around here somewhere. Too bad I'm so broke after Deep Creek!!!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

PK: hit some what? oh, you mean golf balls (ha)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

I thought that's what you meant, but just wanted to be clear. Too bad cuz I was hope's to "hit some" this weekend myself. (aka... wishful thinking)

9:58 AM  
Blogger RobynB said...

I hope you get to hit some, or 'hit some' this weekend...

Either way, have a great one!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our partners' favorite thing to do is give the associates all the work to do and then write it off.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Jenn: what I call hour poaching is when, say, I bill 1.5 draft motion for whatever. Then, when the pre-bill comes out, it goes to the partner. He changes it so that he gets credit for the "billed" hour, and I only get credit for the "recorded" hour.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Well, if you had nuthin'...then what did I just read...hmmm?

I hope you have a great weekend too, babe.

Oh, and I completely agree with Greenie....I, too, hope something... 'springs up for you!'

8:01 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Happy Monday

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not a loser.. Nothin' wrong with doing nothing. I hope you had a great weekend regardless.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home