Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Deep Creek

My getaway to Deep Creek was excellent.

I did laundry Thursday morning & cleaned my apartment. I hate coming home to a mess. Then, after lunch, I met M at her sister’s house. They were still loading their vehicles. I was still taking work calls. Then we caravanned to Deep Creek. It was about 2 ½ hours away. Not a bad drive at all.

The weather was noticeably cooler there, even though it is farther south.

We arrived at the house we rented. It was spectacular. Right on the lake. Everything we wanted. After we unloaded the cars, M and I went to the grocery store then the liquor store. I was under the mistaken belief that booze would be cheaper in Maryland, but I was wrong. On the way back, we stopped at JG Tavern and got the party started. We then returned to the house, continued partying and had dinner. Hot tub… camp fire… booze… the first night was fun.

Friday started slow. We were really hung over. Other people started to arrive. In between greetings, the best I could muster was reading my book. Thank god the weather was rainy so there was no real incentive to be motivated. I couldn’t even drink till later. But all the people were there, we drank and ate. Some played various games. I ended up going to bed by like 10 PM (I am such a loser), but I just couldn’t hang… I was still hurting from the night before.

Saturday, some of us went to play golf. We played Oakland Golf Course. It wasn’t bad. I played bad though. For some unknown reason, I started shanking the to the left. Not a hook mind you… but cracking it hard left… don’t know where that came from, but took me a while (and a lot of strokes) to straighten out. But we had fun. This girl D was just cracking me up. Anyway… went back.. drank and ate… (see a theme???). I actually hung in there for a while this night. Ended up sleeping in one of the lazy-boy chairs in the great room.

Sunday, about half the people left. M & I played another nine holes of golf, as the weather was the best of the weekend. Once again drank & ate. It was much more calm this night. We actually watched some tv and relaxed. I read my book a while.

Yesterday, we had to be out by 10 AM. I packed up & was on the road by 9:30 AM. The work calls started coming in and had had to deal with a few things. After I got home, I actually went to the public library in order to jump on the internet (I do not have a connection at home). Did a little work. Called it a day early.

I must say, the long weekend was great. Beautiful house… beautiful landscape & lake… beautiful people to hang out with… beautiful golf course… The only thing that was missing for me was a beautiful woman to share some intimate time with, as it could have been very romantic at times. (I have to work on that)

I’d like to say it is nice to be back, but I will just say, it is nice to read the messages from my blog friends.

PS: I will have some pics.

11 Comments:

Blogger Green Eyes said...

Welcome back, glad you had a great time!

It's hard not to party hard on that first night, I'm so guilty of that, then we pay for it the next night.

Have a good day!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Nice to see you Green Eyes. I did over do it that first night. But, it was fun.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time.. I hope you can find you a beautiful woman to share time with.. she would be a lucky girl..

8:25 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Thanks Heather.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking small blog convention in Deep Creek!!!!

P.S. You are a brat!!!!

11:13 AM  
Blogger ell said...

welcome back! glad you had fun. i could sure use a weekend away about now.

8:10 PM  
Blogger The Good Rev said...

Ahem ...

The Good Rev is so jealous! Welcome back Knight.

Hallelujah (69x)

AMEN

5:23 AM  
Blogger erika said...

I am glad your back!

I am so excited its warming up so I can play golf.

I am glad you had a good time.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Welcome Back, Sir Knight!

I've missed you!!

Seems as though you had one kickass time out there, my friend.

Very nice.

12:13 PM  
Blogger sxuly yrs said...

Welcome back! Cant wait to see the pics!

~Andi

7:02 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Morning.......can't wait to see the pics

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home