Monday, May 08, 2006

Weekend Report

I had a good time this weekend.

Even after all the Cinco De Mayo talk in blog land Friday. I ended up making it an early night. I left work early & got my haircut. Stopped at a bar or 2, but just wasn't feeling it, if you know what I mean.

Saturday, woke up early & tried to be a little domestic, got a few things done around the apartment. Then went golfing. We played Scenic Valley, as I mentioned Friday. The course was in very good shape. I started out playing very well. Hit the first 2 greens in regulation... was coming out of the tee box very well... was striking my irons good... it was all clicking. Until I got to No. 15 that is. I just fell apart on that hole, it wasn't pretty. I recovered fairly well for 16 & 17, but 18 was another disaster. All in all it was a good time though. We ate and drank at a place called Al's Cafe. We watched the Kentucky Derby there. It was a good hour drive back to the other side of town. Stopped & had 2 more beers, then went home.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do Sunday at all. Golf? Fishing? Nothing? ... choices, choices...

When I woke up & was having my coffee, it just looked beautiful outside. I checked the Weather Channel, they said it was going to be a great day. OK... I have to play golf. When to Murrysvile golf Course. Once again, I played pretty well, I still am having putting issues, but didn't have that one "blow-up" hole, that ruins your round. We all went to the American Legion and drank after. We had a good time.

On a more somber note... my Aunt died over the weekend. It was my Dad's older sister. They had a falling out many years ago, that they never got over. My Dad did go Her to visit her shortly before she died though. My parents decided they would not be attending the funeral though... so I didn't as well. I wasn't going without them. Maybe some day I will blog about the circumstances regarding that part of the family, for a TMI Tuesday or something...

Anyway, I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

16 Comments:

Blogger Madame X said...

Good morning, Knight!

6:17 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Good morning MX, nice to see you as always.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Madame X said...

Nice to be seen!

Golf, huh?
Typical!
I think you need to take up a non conservative hobbie like...body piercing...hehehehe

6:35 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Happy Monday! Glad the weather was good for you.

Sorry to hear about your Aunt.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So soory to hear about your aunt. Glad for you that golf was good, untill the 15th hole. I'm going to try to get out for the first time this weekend. I'm suppose to take my clubs with me on vacation to play the family in a month and havn't hit a ball in over a year.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

MX: you know I'm just a conservative kinda guy...

Green Eyes: Happy Monday to you too!!! (and thanks...)

Jenn: Thanks for the comment on my aunt & for not typing in CAPS!!!! (i know, I know... bite you)

Better get out there and start hitting!!!

9:11 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

Sounds like a pretty good weekend and the weather was wonderful

sorry to hear about your aunt

12:23 PM  
Blogger ell said...

hey knight - sorry about your aunt.

12:39 PM  
Blogger tm said...

I'm sorry about your aunt.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning Knight!

I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. Close or not she was still family. Sounds like you had a decent weekend.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Knight said...

KJ, ell, thru my eyes and Heather: Thank you for you well wishs.

3:58 AM  
Blogger Madame X said...

Yeah and MX is the biotch who didn't offer condolences....Cuz I soooo skimmed this post.

I am guilty of being insensitive...forgive me?

5:55 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

MX: that is ok. I understand if you really don't really read my boring conservative posts... I am just happy that you stop by.

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so when do we turn 40 again?

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me something to write about so I can get you off my ass.

11:05 AM  
Blogger FortuneCookie said...

A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home