Friday, April 28, 2006

Monday & Tagged...


Another week begins...

The weekend was pretty good.

I played golf on Saturday at my favorite public course, The Links at Spring Church. The photo above is the fairway & green of number 18. It is a great hole. It is a par 5 with that pond guarding the green, you really have to decide if you wanna "go for it" in 3... I was in the little round green-side bunker on the right, just over the water with my 3rd, but at least it was dry!!! You can see the clubhouse in the pic too, which is very nice.

I played with My Friend M & her friends T & C. Now, unlike most guys, I do not mind playing golf with girls. Actually, I'd rather watch them bending over teeing up a ball!!! Generally, the knock on female golfers is slow play. M plays like a guy, very good & very fast... (she beat me by 5 strokes, but I did play about 1400 yards longer). BUT... her friend C, is the slow playing female personified. It was getting a little frustrating for me. First, there is a concept called "ready golf" which means, even if is not your turn to hit, if you are ready, you should hit anyway... speeds up play. Beyond that, you should be thinking about your next shot before you even arrive at your ball. Only 1 or 2 practice swings, please. Here is another little tip for C, keep the "clucking" to minimum. There are times to make conversation, but you should not be standing around talking rather than playing. But, the absolute worst offense she committed, (which I could not believe) was standing in the fairway, over her ball, with a clear fairway ahead, with a group behind us waiting, and TALKING ON HER CELL PHONE!!! I swear I was about to have a stroke!!!

As for T, I will play with her anytime. She was not very good, but moved along at a nice pace. Also, she looked pretty good. Her body was in great shape. I have met her a couple times before, but must admit, I never really noticed the "rack" before.

Anyway... my game is starting to get back into mid-season form, but still had some disasters. Here is an example... on number 11, I come in steep on my tee shot & pop the ball up in the air. My 2d shot is a "chunk" that goes nowhere. Now my blood pressure is soaring!!! I step up with a fairway wood... from about 225 yards out... nail the ball... on the green, 3 feet from the pin, one putt. Par the hole!!!

We ate & drank after. Had a pretty good time.

Sunday, I went fishing with BB. We had breakfast at the American Legion, then went to Deer Creek park. I flipped my minnow out there with a bobber and waited... and waited... and... I did have my walkman, with a book on tape to listen to. Never caught a thing, but I was relaxing. The we stopped for a few beers on the way home.

Tagged by MX.

Ok... I have to list some weird facts about myself. Don't know if I will do as many as MX (the evil one who tagged me) but, I will give it a shot:

1. I read novels obsessively;

2. I listen to books on tape in the car rather than the radio most times;

3. I play golf a lot, but am not very good (usually, shoot from the low 90s to the low 100s);

4. I play Strata golf balls, which are not made any more. I must buy them used on the internet;

5. I am obsessed with cleaning my bathroom;

6. The other rooms are a mess;

7. I like drinking in local dive bars & "old man" clubs;

8. I know I will never meet women in these bars... but do not go there to meet women anyway;

9. I like to mix baked beans & mac-n-cheese together;

10. I sometimes wish I still got high;

11. I may becoming obsessed with a girl in a foreign country with whom I have been emailing;

12. I lost my first trial, one month after passing the Bar Exam;


OK... I think that is enough.

Who to tag???? I do not know how to do the "link" thing like the good bloggers out there, so I must name 4 people who sometimes stop bye... Blue, Green Eyes, Strumpt, Ell.

(how's that???)

14 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

Sounds like a great weekend........

I sometimes wish that too

5:09 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Good morning KJ. I assume you are referring to No. 10.

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time.

It was nice to get to know some interesting facts about you. Thank you for sharing!

7:02 AM  
Blogger erika said...

Morning Knight!
Thanks for sharing! Mac and cheese and beans?? Never thought of that.

I miss golfing!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Thanks for stopping by Heather, Erika, and Philly Kristen. I am surprised the beans and mac-n-cheese has got so many remarks, while other parts of the post have not. Personally, I thought the "rack" remark would prompt a comment or 2. LOL...

PK... sounds like you'd be welcome to golf with me anytime!!!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

You evil man! LOL I'll get to it soon.

OK, now, glad you had a nice, relaxing weekend. And dive bars are the BEST!

10:37 AM  
Blogger ell said...

ok, i'll comment on the "rack" remark. typical man!!! surprised you never noticed it before. but i find golf excrutiatingly boring (no offense, k!), so i'd be easily distracted by anything else, including but not limited to the physiques of my golf partners. i can barely make it through a round of miniature golf.

now to work on that tag . . .

11:45 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Thanks Ell!!! (I take that as a complement)

I never noticed before, but I never golfed with her before, just saw at a bar while having a few drinks. Could have been the clothes?

12:03 PM  
Blogger Madame X said...

So...did you get your 69?

I love mac n cheese and baked beans too...throw in some sliced up hot dogs and I'm a happy camper!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Knight said...

I didn't get any 69... how about you?

I've done the hotdogs too...

12:42 PM  
Blogger ell said...

you're welcome! maybe she was dressing to impress you? we gals know how to show off what we got!

p.s. got the 6, not the 9.

2:03 PM  
Blogger sxuly yrs said...

Ah Knight...sorry about the trial! That sucks! I am glad you got out to golf! I need to do the same soon. Our course is finally thawing!

Hugs~
andi

9:38 PM  
Blogger The Good Rev said...

Ahem ...

Good Morning Knight!

Please enlighten the Good Rev as to what and "Old Man" club is.

Hallelujah (69x)

AMEN

5:53 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Hi Rev… thanks for stopping by the blog.

An “old man” club, in my opinion are clubs like American Legion, the Elks, the Moose and so on….

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home