Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Wedding- The Weekend

The wedding Friday night was not bad.

First, there was BEER!!! (and wine) That was a good start. M & I got pretty banged up... I'm glad I was driving cuz M couldn't walk well. It was a shame that it rained really hard, so the ceremony had to be moved inside. Looking at some of the guests was making me feel old.

Saturday was pretty much a washout... I was nursing a hang over most of the day. I did some things like, I drove to the store to get some food, but couldn't muster the energy to actually go in because it looked so crowded... went through a fast-food drive thru and went home.

Sunday was nice. First, I went to M's, she was going to drive to the golf course. However, her car wouldn't start, the battery was dead. I put a charger on it & we took my car. Now, I really got to tease her. She allays makes fun of my car, cuz it's a Chevy. Well, her nice Lexus SUV wasn't going anywhere. I was calling it a $50,000 paper weight!!! HA!!!

Anyway, the course was nice. We played with Mike and some guy a never met named Rich. I played pretty well, but I think the heat was getting to me by the end, as I didn't finish strong.

So, I want to get back to M's to see what the deal with the car was. We pull in, I see M's sister's car & Bobbie B's car... there are balloons on the front porch... then I see Mike pull in behind us... yes, that's right... I surprise b-day party for me. More people showed up shortly... It was very sweet of M to plan & do this for me... and I hope I don't sound ungrateful... but this is exactly what I didn't want. But, I was the good birthday boy... took all the "over the hill" jokes & gag gifts like a trooper.

One good thing was that Donna was there. I had wanted to see her this weekend, but it was her weekend with her son, so she generally doesn't come out. But, she dropped him off at a nearby relative's place and came to the party. She gave me a small, thoughtful gift... but whispered that she has something else for me... mmmmmm... I wonder what that could be???

Yesterday, I played golf with M, her sister ML & Jim from work. I played really well. I then met Bobbie B at the American Legion for a few beers. It's Memorial Day... drink with a veteran... right???

Lastly, there was a very unusual voice mail message at the office this morning. I have not figured out who it was... yet.

19 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

It was me



Soudns like a blast!!!

I was first!!!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

That message was you??? Really???

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UNUSUAL? WHAT EXACTLY DOES UNUSUAL MEAN? WHAT DID IT SAY?

6:16 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Jenn: I don't want to say... in case it was a blogger. By the way, where were you around 3PM Friday...????

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3PM? WORKING AT MY DESK. UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

mmmmm... that makes you a suspect.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TRUST ME, I'M A SUSPECT FOR JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING.

10:01 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

Now I need to know what the message said.

3PM? I think you're time must be off.......just a gut feeling on that

11:04 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

KJ: 3:33 PM... exactly.

11:06 AM  
Blogger ell said...

kristen - if you left the message, why are you asking what the message was???

knight - glad you had fun at the party, even though you weren't reallly up for it. and is the actual day tomorrow?? it didn't pass yet, did it?

11:20 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Ell: Nope...actually tomorrow. But, I have scheduled the day off work. I may come in early to make sure all my time sheets are in for month end... but that's it.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAS IT AN ENJOYABLE MESSAGE? ARE YOU COMPLAINING? COME ON, DETAILS!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Message was an anonymous non-recognizable female voice, discussing my b-day & commenting on my not being at work.

Nothing bad, just had me had me a little "taken aback" for an early morning message.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU SHOULD FEEL SPECIAL.

11:54 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

That was a joke Ell.......didn't leave the message

11:56 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

I'm glad you had a party. You may not have wanted it, but you'll be able to look back on it with a smile.

12:44 PM  
Blogger ell said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KNIGHT! i know you're off today - hope you're having a great day! may you be blessed with the view of many abundant racks!

;)

7:52 AM  
Blogger erika said...

Happy Birthday Knight!!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Happy Birthday, Sir Knight!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home