Sunday, July 16, 2006

Women

Women…

Yesterday, I had a long conversation with myself on the subject of women & the current state of my dealings with them.

I have always been, at least, moderately successful when it came to dealing with women. (depending on how one measures "success")

In high school, I dated older girls that were out of school or in college. After high school, in the years before I returned to school, I always dated the hottest girls. Older, younger, models, engaged, married, it didn’t matter to me. When I returned to school, I dated a lot of younger girls. I had a "thing" for foreign girls. Probably my 2 longest relationships were with foreign girls, one from Hungary the other from the Philippines. While in law school, I dated a beautiful girl, who after we broke up, began working as a stripper. Then a local girl, once again beautiful, who was 10 years my junior (with an absolutely great all natural rack). After law school, my success rate dropped precipitously. I'm not sure completely why, but I think it is because I was no longer looking for just a good time, but felt it was time for something more.

As I sit and contemplate my current state, I find myself asking, "What the hell happened to me?"; "What happened to my standards?"

I am still obsessed with Donna. I am fooling around with T. In my younger days, I would have barely given these 2 the time of day.

Now, I am making a fool of myself trying to get Donna back. I would have never done such a thing. And, T, she just isn'’t my type. She is filling a gap & that's it. I know it makes me a bad person, but when I'm with her, I find myself thinking about how to break it off with her. Is that fair to her? No.


All this makes my think of a song lyric… ...“the more I know, the less I understand...” whether it be about women, generally, or about myself.


Maybe, it is a matter of my current desperation for a more meaningful relationship. I think women can smell desperation on a man like a dog smells fear. Now, despite the diminution of my standards in the "looks" department, when I find someone I actually like, I come on too strong. Drives them away. When I really don't care whether or not I ever see them again, they will do whatever I ask, literally and figuratively.

I just don't know what to do...… my head tells me to forget about Donna... move on... she wasn't worth it anyway... then, I feel lonely & miss her kiss, her touch, her smile... and I call, send an email, a text message... knowing better, but I can't seem to stop myself.

Then when I get no reaction, or a reaction I don't like... I contact T. She makes me feel attractive, stimulating... It helps fill the emptiness left from the rejection, but I know it's not going anywhere.

I just don't know what I'm going to do... I don't want to be a bother to Donna & I don't want to just lead T on... I should probably just try to forget about both of them and start fresh.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, a man who contemplates relationships honestly, how novel! ;)

Since I’m new here and don’t know you at all I feel a bit funny asking but, how does T feel about you? Does T know her roll? It’s only unfair if she’s oblivious to what is going on.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh... and there is something to be said about taking a break and starting fresh! ;) I've been on a break for over 6 months myself... I kinda like it! lol

No relationship = more time for everything else!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Hi Chrissie: Thanks for stopping by again and commenting. You know your buddy Big Dz is gonna tell me to "MAN UP!!!"

Not sure how T feels or if she knows her roll, never asked, but she is very "friendly" & "willing"...

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, or.. actually he may but I know him well enough to tell you he wouldnt really mean it *L* He one o'them thoughtful types too ;)

Maybe you should ask her how SHE sees your relationship? Maybe being friendly and willing is all she wants outta ya lol... MAYBE she is using YOU? eh? lol Ok so prolly not but... stranger things have happened! Good Luck!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Blessed said...

"I should probably just try to forget about both of them and start fresh"
Easier said than done-as I'm sure you know this!
But they deserve it and so
do you!!! You seem like such a kind soul, who deserves something more than settling for what you don't want and wishing for what you had. I hope you find it or better yet, I hope it finds YOU!
Blessings!

7:01 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

you got your self a problem. What to do what to do. Dont lead on T and forget about D. Why you say? Well you'll end up hurting T. and because D either is tring to ignore you and your not paying attention or she is send you a message to make you mad so will will break it off and not realise that she has been tring to break it off. Start fresh hun.

10:17 PM  
Blogger DZER said...

don't get me started with chicks.

I once dated and lived with a very hot bisexual stripper.

Since then, it's been pretty much nothing ... guess I shot my wad, so to speak. lol

and fucking man up!!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Start over!

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mornin'..

wow... that's it.. don't know what else to say.. good luck with that..

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home