Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Well, It's confirmed...


Friday, at 12:20 PM, I tee off at Oakmont Country Club.

You non-golfers won't understand, but this is really something. This place is... is... one of the greatest places on earth... When you watch the US Open next year, and you see the greatest golfers in the world struggling... just think that Knight struggled here too...

No matter what else happens, I am walking up the 18th fairway.

"By far the most picturesque hole on Oakmont and perhaps the greatest finishing par four in golf. You must drive in the fairway to avoid "chip out" bunkers left and right. An uphill mid-iron to a very undulated green makes for a great finish."

12 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

Hope you have a great time this weekend

3:33 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:34 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Thanks KJ, I'm sure I will have fun. You know it could be better if it were within my control, but I'll do what I have to do.

Oh, and it would be more fun too if I were joining you and my 3rd favorite girl in the world, Jenn, in Sea Isle!!!

4:35 AM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

Friends of mine went nuts when they got ot play at Southpointe. I don't get golfers...

6:01 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Southpoint is not even in the same league as Oakmont. Tell your friends I'm playing there and see their reaction.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Knight, I swear I could hear music playing while reading your post. You know, the tunes they play when you're about to go into battle?

Good luck and God speed!

7:36 AM  
Blogger erika said...

Ok I am jealous.

8:19 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

you lucky bastard.

have fun shooting 112.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

DZ: 112 would be just fine with me... from what I hear the couse is so freak'n hard right now, as they prepare for the Open... I'll be lucky to shoot under 120!!! HA!!!

9:39 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Your right this non-golfer doesnt understand. But I do understand that your very happy to be playing on this course. So for all of that I just say good luck. hope you have a few hole-in-ones too!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH, WELL I HOPE YOU END UP SWIMMING.

DON'T FORGET THE T-SHIRT AND HAT.

MUCH LOVE!

12:37 PM  
Blogger ell said...

have fun knight. sounds like you'll be in golfing heaven.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home