Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Couldn't Sleep

Well, I couldn't sleep last night. I woke up about 3AM & just couldn't fall back again. So, what to do??? Might as well post some ramblings on the ol blog...

I know, maybe another "Hanging Out With Stars" story...

As I discussed in Saturday's post, I used to work at a hotel not far from a local large out-door venue for bands. Well, there was one show, again back in the late 80s early 90s (can't remember exactly when). It was a bunch of popular "dance" bands. C & C Music Factory, Girrado (sp?) and Lisa Lisa... I was working the late shift. After the show, when the bands returned to the hotel, they wanted to go to Metropole, a club downtown. They asked if the hotel van could take them. I said the general policy was "no"... but I'd see what I could do. I really had the authority to do it if I wanted, but I had a date with one of the life guards from the pool. So, I call her & ask is she would be interested in going to the privet party room at Metropole with these bands, instead of the movie we had planned. Well, she said sure. Then, I go to the band contact, I tell him, that I have permission to use the van, but I am getting off work & have a date. I will take them in the van only if me & my date can come along for the party. The deal was sealed. She shows up, the band jumps in (what couldn't fit jumped in a cab) and we headed down.

They had called ahead... there was a valet waiting to take the van & we were ushered inside and up to the privet room of the club. There was a large spread of food, all we could drink, a privet dance floor and big windows overlooking the main part of the club. The party was fantastic. We danced in the privet room & down in the club. We ate & drank well. Some of the band members got way too smashed & were actually hurling. They were not allowed back in the van!!! So, about 3 AM, it's time to go.

I drive back. When we get to the hotel, I go in to the front desk & tell them to put a room on maintenance for me. My date & I go up and spend the rest of the night. We had to sneak out the next day... but I had all the pass keys & knew all the back ways...

Now, I know many of you may think I am "stuffy" now, and that is kinda the image I want to portray (MX). But, never doubt, I have had, and will continue to have... my moments!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RICO, SUAVE'

6:10 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Ahhhh, "moments" to live for!

Why are you not sleeping well, Knight?

8:14 AM  
Blogger ell said...

i just knew there was a wild man under that staid lawyerly exterior!

you go, knight!

10:34 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

LOL @ Jenn

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*nudge* That was what? 15 years ago... i'm new here so I will poke a little further in but I hope there are more recent moments! ;)

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home