Thursday, July 06, 2006

We'll See...

Yesterday was the Partners Meeting.

At that meeting, they were to decide raises for this year. Now, I learned a long time ago not to have over inflated expectations. But, that being said, I have done really well this year. My billable dollars are 15% over the Associate average. I did all the "heavy lifting" on a plaintiff medical malpractice case that earned the firm a substantial fee & recovered the over $10,000. that the firm invested in the case. I am in the office early every morning & don't cause trouble. So, we'll see.

One of the Partners, that I work mostly for, called me last night & asked me to pick him up on way into the office, so I think I am safe in assuming at least I'm not being fired. He is cool, so I will work him for some info on the way in. He is usually tight-liped about this kinda stuff, but I will give it a shot.

Twice a year, the Partners like to sit the associates down in what we call "Star Chamber" and do our bi-annual reviews. The one in July is for raises and the one in December is for bonuses. My last one didn't go very well. My numbers were not strong. Mostly because of what I call "hour poaching." Since then, I have been mainly working for a different partner, and my numbers have jumped dramatically (see a connection?). I hope they see it as well.

As far as my expectations go, on the low end, I'd like to increase my 401K contributions and maybe have enough left over to play a couple nicer golf courses across the month. On the high end, it would be nice to have enough for a nicer place to live, while maintaining my all important "golf & vacation budget."

We"ll see...

5 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

3:57 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

best of luck with the review process ... fairways and greens!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Good luck, Knight! 15% is great!

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Big Guy. I admire your taking the ambitious career. I hope it pans out well.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Thanks for the wishes of good luck... I need it!!!

No word today.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home