Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Roof Is Leaking

There has been water leaking from the apartment above me for a little while now. I have told the landlord about it several times, but nothing seemed to be being done. Now, there is a big water stain in the plaster of my bathroom ceiling. So, yesterday, I bypass the real estate company and call the owner directly. Last night he comes out to look at the problem. When he goes upstairs, he discovers that the person living there has literally damaged the tile around the tub... and to top it off, she has a cat. They start yelling at each other... it ends with the owner telling her she's out. She'll be getting a 10 day Notice to be out...

I feel pretty sure she will blame me. I now am having concerns that my car will be damaged or something like that. I'm not sure how she pays her rent, she is up there with 2 kids and she is on house arrest, so never leaves. There also is a strange amount traffic...

Well, I never meant to cause anyone trouble. But, that being said, I might live in a small apartment, but it has always been clean, bug free & well maintained by the owner. I was not putting up with the leak. Even though I outgrown the place & could afford nicer, I never saw the point & hate moving. Besides, that would cut into my golf & vacation budget.

We'll have to see what happens, but it might be time to consider a change.

12 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

It's not your fault that she is being kicked out.........her decisions caused this.

Happy Thursday............

and I'M FIRST!!!!!

3:57 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

KJ: You know that & I know that... but, as a general rule, people as assholes (until proven otherwise).

4:29 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Hummm Apartment? I guess i always thought you were in a condo or town house. ah well, she made the choice to wreak not only her place but yours too. and you did your best by starting with the landlord then going directly to the owner was more or lest your last straw. good luck though she will probably want revenge.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

Where do you live??? What is she on house arrest for?

6:19 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Gab: yea... I live cheap. There are better things to spend my money on.

DNA: Plum Borough... you know it? I don't know what she is on house arrest for.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

OK, leaks in ceilings are not good. Let's not even bring up the MOLD issue.

7:33 AM  
Blogger erika said...

Ya know maybe the owner was looking for a way to kick her out and that was the excuse.

9:00 AM  
Blogger ell said...

good luck with the rain lady upstairs. it's an awkward situation, but you had to do something about it before your ceiling caved in.

but maybe it is time for a change...

4:37 PM  
Blogger DZER said...

I say stay there and let the convict be kicked out ... so you can continue to golf and vacation! LOL

5:12 PM  
Blogger Knight said...

Thanks Dz!!! Now that's the kind of advice I like.

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The golf and vacation budget is important.

Does bitch from above know you're a lawyer? Don't know of many people who will mess with a lawyer...even if they think they're being sneaky.

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope his next stop was the managment office to tell them they are out. I'd be more pissed off at them. Isnt it their job to know when a tennant has unauthorized pets? Or to check out an issue such as a leak?? Thats fairly serious.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home