Monday, July 03, 2006

The 4th of July and The Weekend Report

This weekend was pretty boring...

Saturday, I played golf at the country club of one of the partners from work. I struggled early, then pulled it together later. I managed a tie for the front 9. It really took some inspired play on 7, 8 & 9, while J folded like... like a... like something that folds easily (nothing clever leaped into my brain). I played my average game on the back 9 (take my bogey and go... nothing worse than double... sneak in a par here & there...) J continued to struggle. I won by 6.

After, I drank a few beers with J. Then stopped at the Legion for a couple more. I made a swing past Flynn's, but none of my friends were there. As I headed home, I saw Bobby B's car at JV's... and decided to stop. This place is a real dump, not the average dump bar, but the kind where when you use the bathroom, you touch nothing but yourself... ya know what I mean? So, I have a couple beers, then... totally out of character for me, I started doing shots. (I was buying rounds of shots for the whole bar, only like 6 or 7 people). Well, thank God this place is very close to home.

This made for a rough Sunday. I was pretty useless. I managed to do a few things, but not much. I did some laundry, ran the vacuum cleaner, that kind of stuff. A little later, I took my bike to get some air in the tires. I went to the store & bought a new pair of tenny-runners, also stopped for some fruit. That was about all I could muster.

Today, should be a good day. I am going into the office for a little bit, but it should be a short day. I have a tee time in the afternoon at the Links at Spring Church.

I hope everyone has a nice holiday.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I think you need Kristen to be running that vacuum cleaner....

2:41 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

WTF? Vacuum? I was thinking more along the lines of going to the bar when he's buying shots

Happy 4th

4:00 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

KJ: You might look good in one of those little "french maid" outfits though...

4:18 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Hope your hangover wasnt to bad. But I hope you drank one of those shots for my birthday? LOL have a great 4th!

7:06 AM  
Blogger ell said...

did someone say "shots"? now you're talking! send a few my way!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Blessed said...

Happy 4th Knight! May something really entertaining happen for you to share.
Blessings!

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shots?? Shots of what? :) Wheres mine?

Happy 4th!

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home