Monday, July 10, 2006

Weekend Report 7/8-7/9

This weekend was pretty good.

Friday, after work, I stopped at happy hour near the office with D. We drank 2 beers, then is was time to head to the suburbs. I called my friend M t meet me at a bar where I expected this girl T to be hanging out. She was. Eventually, T came over and talked to M and myself. M & T got along pretty well. After M left, I got to know T a little better. (see snippy little post from Saturday morning below)

Saturday, I played golf with M, C, & Tees. I was playing pretty well. Had a 47 for the front 9. I came out smoke’s on the back. For the 1st 5 holes (10-14) I was only 3 over par, which is really good for me. I went bogy, bogy, par, par, bogy. I was thinking I had a really good shot at breaking 90, having my best round of the summer. Then… you guessed it… I took a “9”!!! A freak’n 9!!! After that, I never recovered… the last 3 holes were all double bogies… I just couldn’t get it back together.

We stopped for a sandwich & some beer on the way home. After, I went up to another local bar where I knew T was filling in for a waitress that evening. She had mentioned it the night before. She said she would be working till 10 & wanted me to stop up. I did. I didn’t stay till 10, when she got off work, but I told her I had to get up really early to golf the next morning with some guys from work.

Sunday was a very early tee time. D, GW & I were playing Suncrest. A nice course and a very good value for the money. I wasn’t having my best round, but I was only 3 strokes behind GW, who I always want to beat. However, he threw his back out on number 8 & bailed out at the turn. D & I finished the round. It seemed a little early to start drinking beer, but D was in the mood. We sat & drank 2, then got outta there.

I went home & took a nap. Cleaned up a little bit. Did some food shopping. I called T around 4ish. She was having dinner at her parents, but wanted to meet me after. We met & had 2 beers at a local bar. Then thought it might be nice to have a glass of wine at my place. She hung out for a little while, then headed home.

Anyway… all in all, it was a pretty good weekend. I’m a little sleepy today because I was up a little later than usual, but I will be fine.

I hope everyone had a good weekend too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Green Eyes said...

Another good weekend, sounds like! Some golf, some drinks, some attentions....

Go Knight!

8:06 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

WTG! your weekend sounded great. Too bad about GW throwing out his back. One reason I dont golf is my back. I have trouble now walking 500 ft without falling. I do do Mini golf when my back gives me a good day.NOW GET SOME REST! lol

8:22 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

Wait........I missed the part about Donna and you not seeing each other

8:38 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

two days of golf is always good ... I'm hoping to get out on at least one of my last two semi-days off ...

9:18 AM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

I don't think I could ever golf for real. I'd be out there all day!

9:46 AM  
Blogger ell said...

up a little later than usual?

*reading between the lines*

*raising eyebrows*

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home