Monday, October 02, 2006

Weekend Report 9/29-10/1

Well, it was a pretty good weekend.

Friday, the baseball game was good. The Pirates lost the game to the Reds, the company was fun & the fireworks were great. After a bunch of us met up at Flinn's and drank some more... being closer to home. I decided I wasn't going to use my tickets for Sunday's baseball game & the young couple that lives up-stairs from me was at the bar too, so I just gave the tickets to them.

Saturday, I played in the end-of-season golf outing at the club. It was really fun. We played an event that was 4 man teams, you take the best 2 scores from you team on any given hole (with handicap). My rather high handicap (that means I am not very good) came in rather useful to our team. We ended up taking 3rd place, winning a $45 credit in the pro-shop. All in all, it was a nice event. Breakfast, golf, then lunch & drinks.

After, Craig & I went to Flinn's and drank a while. My friend M showed up was well. Eventually, we went over to Craig's house. I felt bad because his wife is recovering from leg surgery, but she said she was just happy for the company. Plus, get this... Craig gave me a set of Bose 901 speakers he had sitting in his basement. For any that don't know, Bose 901s are the greatest speakers ever made. They cost about $1300.00 new for a pair. Now, he didn't give the Active Equalizer that you need to use them properly, and I wasn't asking after such a generous gift. (I ordered one from Bose today).

Then Sunday... I am up at 5 AM as usual. I did a couple loads of laundry & started putting my kitchen back together. The landlord has been remodeling all week. I really threw out a bunch of crap. Then M called & wanted to play golf with her sister. So, back to the club (I know I'll hear it from MX for all this club talk). I played really freak'n well. I was hitting out of the tee box the best I have all year... I couldn't sink a putt to save my ass, but the tee shots were working. Anyway, back to Flinn's for a few beers, then home.

That was about it.

I must say.... I was almost tempted to turn on the furnace last night, it was pretty chilly.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'VE WANTED TO TURN ON MY FURNACE TOO. SOUNDS LIKE A PRETTY GOOD WEEKEND. YOU SHOULD SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME THIS WEEKEND.

1:10 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

It's 80 here today.....I'm hot

2:30 PM  
Blogger Knight said...

JENN: send me an email...

KJ: YES... you are!!!

4:28 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

I would turn it on but hubby likes it cool so I just grab my quilt and snuggle in. In our house I dont make the bed because hubby has his blanket and I have mine. That way he coves up when he wants and I usually have mine on me at all times. So when winter gets here I just add my quilt and Im all set and he's happy! I'll do just about any thing to keep that man happy.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Madame X said...

my furnace is on...has been since last week.

we'vehad a frost already which means apple picking!

two thumbs up on the speakers!

5:54 AM  
Blogger ell said...

*runs in*

*waves*

*runs out*

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home